Sign in to follow this  
old_school

Panasonic Lumix DMC-ZS100

old_school

Can Fuji beat this Lumix?  Reviews complain -somewhat- about image quality and slow f stops due to engineering constraints of the 10x lens.  DMC-ZS100

Fuji could make a 5x (24mm to 120mm) or 4x (24mm to 96mm) with faster lens and better IQ on a 1 inch sensor?  I do not need or want a 10x lens.  My piggy bank is rolled up, counted and waiting for Fuji to make the jump...  I'll bite if it has workable view finder.

Is this pointless or is it worth Fuji's time?  Would this be useful beyond P&S?  Back up camera?  I don't know, I'm just a snapshot guy.

Thoughts...

artuk

there are already a number of cameras from Sony, Canon, Nikon which have a specification you describe - a fast aperture 24-100mm ish equivalent lens. They also make superzoom versions with 8x to 24x zooms but with either a significant increase in camera size or a rather slow aperture but smaller cameras.

the question is - what could Fuji do to differentiate their product from someone else's? And more to the point, could they sell it at a profitable price?

If they make one with a 1" x-trans sensor it will come with all the issues of their smaller sensors with artefacts and smearing that were present on some precious models, be mire expensive as the sensor will need to be a custom fabrication.

if you've got the money, just buy an RX100, Nikon DL, or one of Canons' me too 1" models if you absolutely must have a Canon badge on it - they offer what you want right now today. Fuji have made small sensor zoom cameras that were rather large, or now have the large sensor X70 with a fixed lens which is rather small.