Barry Dixon

X100 display

Barry Dixon

Is there any help or advice out there?

I have an X100, purchased in Feb/March 2011 and although it is not used as much as it once was it is usually with me. Whilst out yesterday I noticed that the OVF display was not what it should be/ used to be in Aperture and AF mode. I tried to re-set the OVF & EVF display but to no avail and so I assumed that I'd just tripped something buried in the menus.

In an attempt to reset I restored the factory settings and reinstalled the 2.11 edition of the software updates but all to no avail. Even after recomposing the display to show, for example the grid and level and focus scale, they still don't show.

Help!

veejaycee

In the main menus you choose which grid you want in framing guideline and what distance in the focus scale. I think guidance display to on. Then press Display Back to scroll through the options to the one you want I for full info on rear screen, standard or custom. I'm going by my XP1 but I think this should help.

Barry Dixon

Hi veejaycee. Done all that and still the same issue.

Just run about 30 images and no problems with the IQ - just got to use MF to get the DoF register. In AF no indicators ... My eyesight is not the best, so AF is best for me ... Is my baby dying?

veejaycee

DoF scale was notoriously poor in the early Fuji models (X100, X-P1, X-E1) so just use your judgement or, since you have a fixed lens - enter the necessary and print this chart at a view-able size to keep with you. http://www.dofmaster.com/doftable.html

As a rough guide whatever depth of field you have is approximately 1/3rd in front of the point of focus and 2/3rds behind. I've used this basis for 50+ years.