RedStarSteve

Help Using Flash at High Speeds on x100T

RedStarSteve

Hello! I am hoping that someone can help me to use my speedlight (Yongnuo 568EX) at shutter speeds faster than 1/500 sec on my new x100T. I am triggering with the Yongnuo 603C (version 1). I don't know if the problem is with the flash, the trigger or my settings. I set the settings as I'd read (turn off Silent Mode, turn off Preview Exposure, use Mechanical Shutter, set to External Flash, etc.) but I am loosing the flash once I set it to 1/1000 sec, and I don't know what else to do.

I appreciate any assistance you all might be able to offer. Thanks in advance!

Steve

veejaycee

I assume the same flash works @ 1/1000 when fitted directly to the hotshoe?

RedStarSteve

Thanks for the question, Veejaycee. I actually hadn't tried that, but I do so after your question, and that flash was able successfully to sync at faster speeds— 1/1000 all the way up to 1/8000 sec. Clearly, the flash is not the issue. I'm guessing that the problem is the trigger— and not the settings although it is off-camera.

Thanks!

Steve

Jimbo70

In manual mode I use 1/1,000 a lot. I have used 1/2,000 at times. Shutter is set to f5.6 and ISO800