VESSELxVILLAIN

X-T1 Internal Battery / Auto Reset Issue

VESSELxVILLAIN

Aloha. Every time I change my battery out for a new/fully charged battery, all my custom settings reset. I've been told that the Internal Battery may be drained or dead? If this is the case, is there any way to resolve this sans sending the camera back to Fuji-which sucks, because my warranty is now void. Anyone? Mahalo.

K1W1_Mk2

Nope. The internal battery is AFAIK permanently soldered to a board so it's not just a unplug and plug in a new one exercise.

Why is your warranty void? Do you mean that it has expired? If so I would be contacting Fuji anyway. The internal battery should not fail within a couple of years and as a purchaser of a relatively high end camera you have the right to expect more than a couple of years of trouble free service. A phone call or some emails does not cost much and may save you a lot of money.

VESSELxVILLAIN
44 minutes ago, K1W1_Mk2 said:

Nope. The internal battery is AFAIK permanently soldered to a board so it's not just a unplug and plug in a new one exercise.

Why is your warranty void? Do you mean that it has expired? If so I would be contacting Fuji anyway. The internal battery should not fail within a couple of years and as a purchaser of a relatively high end camera you have the right to expect more than a couple of years of trouble free service. A phone call or some emails does not cost much and may save you a lot of money.

Mahalo K1W1_Mk2. Yes, this will be my next move! Fortunately, I've tested the internal battery of my new X-T2 and so far so good. The X-T1 has been a beast-now just needs a tune-up. Hopefully, the Fujifilm boys will lend an ear to this issue...I'll return with any key learnings/findings. BRB.