veejaycee

Latest trip to the cemetery

veejaycee

A few from West Norwood cemetery taken with converted XE1 + R72 lens filer.

• Like 1

veejaycee

This where you find about the catacombs I intend to take that tour myself soon. Membership (necessary for visits to the catacombs) is £5 but other tours are free.

http://www.fownc.org/

All of the "Magnificent Seven" Metropolitan Cemeteries are well worthwhile visiting and most do tours too. I'm lucky to have W. Norwood close by and Nunhead a 12 min drive away. I also ought to checkout Brompton cemy since it is next to a tube station.

Highgate has been tidied up a little too much and is always heavily booked for tours due it's worldwide fame as the last resting place of Karl Marx. All these cemeteries have famous people in them but my interest is in the lesser known and in the nature and pictorial attractiveness of the grounds and tombs. Personally I see little need for tour guides of the cemeteries apart from the catacombs so I visit on my own and take my own time - I don't do large groups anyway. Links to all here.