JMA

Can laser beams or pointers damage the sensor?

JMA

I was second shooting a wedding yesterday and the main photographer warned me about the laser beams of the DJ. He has seen DSLR camera sensors damaged by a ver short exposure to them (1-2 secs) while shooting video.

Since mirrorless sensor are always exposed, I was concerned about this but could not find anything recently reports of damage on mirrorless sensors.

Do someone have more info about it?

Christopher

I've heard about this happening as well, but it has been years since. DJ laser lighting always makes me nervous, but it hasn't been an issue so far. I'd be curious to know as well.

Youtube to the rescue. It seems mirrorless sensors will be damaged all the same. Be careful out there!

Here's a Sony A6000

• Like 1

farrell
2 hours ago, Christopher said:

I've heard about this happening as well, but it has been years since. DJ laser lighting always makes me nervous, but it hasn't been an issue so far. I'd be curious to know as well.

Youtube to the rescue. It seems mirrorless sensors will be damaged all the same. Be careful out there!

Here's a Sony A6000

Uboob is full of all manner of crappola.