LazarouINC

XT2 with Canon 600RT speed light

LazarouINC

Hello

I tried to use my Canon 600RT flash with my Fuji XT2 in full manual mode on camera with the shutter set at 250 and below. Then set my Canon 600RT flash into manual mode and adjusted the zoom coverage to my lens focal length. But I just can't get the Canon flash to fire while on the XT2 for some reason. So has anyone got any idea why it won't fire as it should do in manual mode. There must be something in firmware of the flash or the camera preventing the flash from firing. So anyone else tried using a Canon flash on the XT2 or any other Fuji camera and had the same issue. As of now I don't have any other flash apart from the little one that comes with the XT2 and that fires just fine.

veejaycee

Check the position of the contacts on flash and on camera to make sure they match. I assume you set the camera correctly for manual forced flash in the menus.

LazarouINC

Yeah everything set to manual correctly on top of camera and in the flash guns menus. 

Unless I have to go into the Fuji cameras menu and set it to fire the flash in manual mode. 

The flash slides on then locks in place with a lever so all contacts should line up perfectly. I might give it a go without locking the lever down as it might be pulling the contacts down too tight. 

Christopher

That is peculiar, my Canon 580EX-II works as expected on my X-T2, no special camera settings.

Do you happen to have any manual radio triggers (like a Yongnuo 603) you could sandwich between the X-T2 and your flash, just as a test to see if it will fire that way with the signal passing through?

Is your camera set to use the electronic shutter? That will disable the flash from firing. I don't think the X-T2 has a 'silent mode' that blocks the flash like some earlier X Series models, right?

LazarouINC

Hi no the camera is on mechanical shutter I'm baffled why it's not working.

LazarouINC

Hi no the camera is on mechanical shutter I'm baffled why it's not working.

when I attach the 600RT the camera doesn't see it and the camera flash menus says no flash attached and settings can't be moved. When I put the small Fuji flash on then flash menu is active.