arjay2402

Connecting the X-T1 to the Instax SP2

arjay2402

I've just bought the Instax SP2 printer to use with my X-T1. It prints perfectly well from my iPhone and iPad and should, in theory connect to my X-T1. I have updated the firmware to the latest version, V5.0 and the 'Instax Printer Print' option appears on the playback menu but it is greyed out so I cannot select it. I am shooting in RAW and Normal Quality so there is a JPEG there to print. In the absence of any useful instructions from Fujifilm, I wonder if anyone has already solved this problem? Perhaps I am missing something obvious. All contributions gratefully received.

Christopher

Welcome to the community @arjay2402!

I just bought an Instax SP-2 Printer too! I've only printed from my iPhone so far but I want to print directly from my camera as well, so I just went through the process myself. First you must set your camera to connect to your specific printer, this is done first from your camera setup menu.

In the camera's main menu (not the playback menu), under the 3rd Setup Menu tab (wrench icon):

Connection Setting -> Instax Printer Connection Setting -> Enter your SP-2 Printer's SSID number, you will find it on the battery door of your Instax SP-2 printer as 'INSTAX-xxxxxxxx' -> Enter your SP-2 Printer's password, by default it is 1111, but you may have customized it through the iPhone app.

Once you have entered these settings, to print a photo from your X-T1, while viewing the photo you wish to print from the Playback menu, press the camera's Menu button -> Select 'Instax Printer Print' from the 2nd Playback Menu tab -> Your camera will then show that is is connecting to the Instax SP-2's wireless network to send the photograph to print.

• Like 1

arjay2402

Many thanks  for your welcome Christopher. I have connected my camera to my printer and it is all working.  I just need to get used to the fine editing adjustments and this will be a very useful tool to let me add images to my written journals while travelling. I'm looking forward making more use of the expertise available on the Fuji X Series forum.

Christopher

Fantastic! I set mine up on my X-T1 but I haven't made a print direct from camera yet, for some reason I want it to be a perfect shot since it's going on film :lol:

I have a hard enough time picking a photo just to share on Instagram :D

• Like 1